Thursday, November 29, 2007
Reining is like crack
Try it once and you are hooked! I got my first taste of reining courtesy of my childhood 4H show buddy and college roommate Debbie Fortner. In 2003, she invited me to show her horse Willy in the Columbia Basin Reiners show circuit. I got a crash course in reining. The Thursday before each show, I would head to Debbie's and ride Thursday night, all day Friday, and then show either Saturday or Sunday. I rode Willy for the first time just two days before my first show. I showed in the Green as Grass class at three shows, and ended up winning third place in the year end awards. Building our house sidetracked my horse shopping for a couple of years, and in 2005 I bought my very first reining horse, RC, and continue to show him today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment